We have been editing and playing back in Hitfilm but what if someone wants to watch your film and they don’t have Hitfilm? We can turn your film into something that can be played on any computer, a process known as rendering.
Settings to render for YouTube
Render your content in MP4 format using the compression code H264
The aspect ratio should be 16:9
Content should be encoded and uploaded in the same frame rate it was recorded. Common frame rates include: 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 frames per second (other frame rates are also acceptable).
Audio should be AAC-LC
- Channels: Stereo or Stereo + 5.1
- Sample rate 96khz or 48khz
YouTube produces it’s own guidance which is regularly updated. Please visit https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en for the latest information.
Upload to YouTube Our lives Our Culture
Uploading to YouTube is simple.
- Sign in to YouTube using the Our Lives Our Culture login details provided by email
- At the top of the page, click Upload and select Upload video.
- Before you start uploading the video, you can choose the video privacy settings. Public videos can be seen by and shared with anyone using YouTube. Private videos can only be seen by those with a login to your channel. Finally, unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link.
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer.
- As the video is uploading, you can edit both the basic information. Add a title up to 100 characters and a description up to 5,000 characters. Try to include key words which you believe people will be searching for to find your video.
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
Now you need to get your film seen by people. Look at marketing next.